Sunday, May 8, 2016

1st Week Reflection

(9:00)
This week was a lot of learning for me. I was able to manage my own time, and I had to put my focus to the test. For my project this week was all about building and preparing for the next two weeks. I was able to accomplish a base for my book, find a publisher, and figure out my programs. I really enjoyed my work, and seeing what was easy for me and what wasn’t. Mornings were hard, because I didn’t have classes so I didn’t really want to get out of bed. And setting hours for myself proved to be a struggle, but I was able to get my goals done. I liked being able to collaborate, but then also decide that I wanted to do something by myself. Being my own boss was a nice change of pace for the week.
I really liked writing the outline for my book, surprisingly it came to me easier than the illustrations. I really thought it would be the opposite. It was surprising that even though I may enjoy art over writing it was much harder for me. I guess I put more strain on my art…
I think that everything in this process is super important. Although, this week was probably the most important week for me. If the foundation of your house isn’t right then your house will come crumbling down. I definitely don’t want that for my book. I think that this coming week will now be less about planning and thinking, and more about doing.
Overall this week was super fun. I had a blast coming up with this book, and I can’t wait to share some illustrations with you when they are ready! I’m just ready for this next week!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are developing the self-discipline it takes to be your own boss. It is not easy, but such a good skill to have!

    ReplyDelete