Monday, May 2, 2016

May 2nd: Day One

(11:30)
Today started out with me waking up at 8AM and panicking because I thought I was going to get points. Yet, then I realized that after 4 years I am finally on Senior Project. I walked over to the library and started researching. Today I wanted to accomplish a inspiration board, research on publishing options, and a more developed schedule. This morning I have accomplished those goals and I am really excited to develop this project more.

Oh, and I realized that I should probably describe my project before I go any further with this blog. In these three weeks I hope to write and illustrate a children's book for little girls with natural hair like mine. The afrocentric market is growing, and I would love to contribute the self love that the movement encourages. I think it is really important for little girls to have representation in the media, and I want to contribute to that in any way I can.

Looking forward into this project excites me. I am excited to have a tangible book that I have created, and I want to share it with everyone. I hope to feel proud and satisfied with my work. I can't wait until tomorrow to keep going.
-Sophie King

Hours Worked: 2hr 20min

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing thing you are doing! I am so excited to see your book at the end! I know you will do a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for including a project description and that wonderful scenic view!

    ReplyDelete