Monday, May 9, 2016

Day 6

(8:48)
Hey blog! So today I am super proud of myself. I was really productive today, and accomplished some illustrations today! I got 4 totally done and 1 is on it's way. I think they all took a little longer today because I was just figuring out the programs and also developing the style that I wanted to use. I don't want to share too much because I want to have more of a reveal, but there will be some pictures today! 

I started the day off with a trip to Slocumb. I wanted to get some watercolors done to be the background of my pages. so it wasn't just white all throughout. I didn't want to make one for every page because I need the book to flow nicely, so I made 4 basic ones. 
 First blue...
 Then yellow
 Can't forget pink!
And of course green.

Making these was something fun for me to do, and they turned out looking pretty cool. So I know that I can't hide all of the illustrations from the blog. So, I took some screenshots of parts of the drawings to tease the book.
Here is the first...
And here are some fun curls!

Overall I had a lot of fun today, and I'm so excited to continue drawing!

Total hours: 5 hours

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished product! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving that you are taking ownership of this project so much so that you created your own backdrops for pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and yes, those snapshots ARE piquing my interest to see more. For sure!

    ReplyDelete