Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Weekly Reflection 2

This week has been amazing in terms of getting things done. For the week I worked on illustrations, developing my artistic style, and more! It was definitely much more fun and in depth than last week. I learned that writing and illustrating a book is hard! Sometimes you don’t have the motivation or creativity to work, and that’s ok. I learned that beating yourself up over missing a day isn’t worth anything. Illustrations don’t always come to you and that’s also ok. I knew coming in that this project wasn’t going to be easy, and I sure was right.
Even though I did go through those hardships, I was able to overcome. I finished almost all of my illustrations and developed my character design. It was super cool to see myself getting better at drawing her, and using the drawing app.
This week was also a week for keeping everyone updated. I really wanted to keep this book secretive until the release, but I realized it was a little to secret. I spoke with my mentor Erikka and she helped me expand my blog with pictures. I was able to hint at the book without giving too much away.
Overall this week was very beneficial. I got my illustrations mostly done, and I was able to develop a relationship with my character. I’m super happy with the results and I can’t wait until I can hold the final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment