Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Weekly Reflection 3

This week has been all about patience. Patience is the key emotion to submitting a book to be published. First and foremost you have to deal with any tech issues you may have, and let me say… I had a lot. Dealing with those can take ages, but luckily with the help of the Proctor tech office I was able to get everything fixed. This was all fine and dandy, but then you have to wait for your submission to be accepted. For me this part was really hard. What if iTunes didn’t accept my book, what was wrong with it, and could I fix it? Luckily, my book was accepted into the iBooks store.
Seeing my book in the store was super cool. I never thought that I could have a book, let alone for the world to have. This whole experience has been so fun, and worth all of the effort and time. I loved everything that I have done in this senior project. In the beginning I was afraid that things wouldn’t go as planned, but luckily Proctor provided me with the support that I needed, and I was able to complete and publish this book.
This week has benefited me immensely. I learned that sometimes things are out of your control, but you cannot panic, it isn’t worth it. Patience has always been hard for me. I like to see immediate results, and I know that things can’t always be that way, but that’s how I like it to be. I have learned about problem solving. Not everything went my way during this project, but I really taught myself to not sweat the small stuff. What matters is the big picture.
This project was amazing. I am so happy with the end product, and I cannot wait to share my book with everyone at the presentations!

1 comment:

  1. Sophie- you have learned so much and so many key lessons to help you with college, your art, your life. I just burst with admiration for you. Good work- Wonderful Work! I want to buy the book!

    ReplyDelete